Saturday 12 November 2011

My busy fun filled few weeks in the UK and I met JLS! ....

Wow I got off the plane and hit the ground running.... 

First of all I started rehearsing with Shirlie for our show at Butlins, Minehead but as always Shirlie got me in front of the camera. This picture was taken by Becky Rui (http://www.beckyrui.com/) and Shirlie (www.shirliekemp.com) as artistic director, she really has an eye for a good picture. I think Becky has captured us well here....




Butlins here we come ....

Shirlie loves to take a shot


The fairground at Butlins, fancy a ride ....


Some of the crowd at Butlins waiting to see us ....




Shirlie and I were invited to the presentation of the collabration of Roobard and Custard and PDSA. PDSA is an organisation which offer free pet care for those who can't afford it. Shirlie and I was also asked to present the first episode of Roobard and Custard to the audience, I'm showing my age here but I remember it being on the TV growing up in the UK, can your remember the show?

Shirlie and Martin also designed a t-shirt for the charity ....




As mentioned in some of my Tweets Shirlie and I have also been promoting the re-release of the Wham the Final album. Sony had set up quite a few interviews for us and Shirlie and I soon got right back into the swing of things remembering lots of adventures we got up to in the Wham days, check this site out and read one of the interviews ....

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/interviews/Pepsi+Shirlie+interview-101545.html

A lot of the interviews were done at the wonderful Sony building in Kensington. And while we were sitting having a coffee I noticed one of the JLS boys. Not sure if you know them but they are the biggest UK boy band of the moment. They were on the UK X Factor show, they didn't win but they are selling lots & lots of records right now and they are a great bunch of guys ....


We also went to see our mate George in Concert, one word ... AMAZING!



While I was in the UK James has been keeping me up to date on what happening with Jus'sail and boy has he been working hard. Check out the Jus'Sail blog to see the fantastic progress he has been making on getting Good Expectation back to her former glory....



http://jussail.blogspot.com/2011/11/this-week-rumbles-spaniel-tyre-fire.html



As mentioned before Sony music has kept us busy promoting the re release of the Wham The Final album & here is the lovely packaging Sony has put together for the album you can't quite see it here but it's all very shinny and sparkly. Jo has been working very hard making sure it looks wonderful & keeping us busy....

Jo

Wham the Final album and DVD cover ....



These are some of the things I got up to while in the UK but before I get back to winter in London town... All I'm going to do is get to the beach lap up some Sun looking at the palms trees from my beach chair happy days! ....



No comments:

Post a Comment