Thursday 9 August 2012

The rain is here but the sun still shines!

We recently had the tropical storm Ernesto pass over us here in St Lucia which turned into a hurricane when it hit the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico yesterday, but has now fizzled out. As you can imagine it's always a relief not to be hit but so sad when another community gets the blow. It's the rainy season at the moment so the rain comes and goes and then the sunshines full blast which I love ...






I spent a few weeks in the UK preparing for the Hit Factory show with Shirlie which sadly got cancelled but hopefully there are plans for it to take place before the end of the year so fingers crossed... 


During one of the rehearsals I caught up with Sinitta who was as sweet as ever. We shared a dressing room when we both performed in the musical Hair at the Old Vic in London what fun we had ...


It was fun to be in the UK especially in the run up to the Olympics however it's always great to come back to St Lucia! One of my favourite things to do is to wake up early to watch the sunrise and I was lucky enough to catch this sunrise a few weeks ago. I felt so fortune and grateful all at once how beautiful and still amazed at how stunning the world can be ...


Another one of my favourite things this time of year are MANGOES! I just love them there are so many Mangoes on the island that sometimes you're driving along and you see loads of them squashed on the road which pains me every time, but I can't eat all the mangoes right ... oh and by the way I make a mean Mango chutney!


You get some fun and amazing characters on the island and one of my favourite people is Herbert. Herbert is the First Mate on JusSail he always has a tale to tell and a joke to share. He is also great at picking herbs which help with any aliment you might have. His mother was a herbalist and he picked up tips from her by which he still lives by. He also talks about clouds and depending on how they are formed will guide you as to what fish is available to catch & the best time to cut the crops based upon how far passed the full moon you are. He is so wise when it comes to sailing, the ocean and life on a tropical island but has a giggle of a giddy teenager ...


Herbert


Herbert ready to put down the anchor in Marigot Bay



Herbert at the Helm on Good Expectation




I'm at last getting my sea legs and moving around Good Expectation like an Olympic athlete (not!) but from a Paddington girl to sea faring gal of St Lucia seas I don't think I'm doing too badly ...



It's a beauty of day right now here's a picture to prove it ...





Happy Days!















No comments:

Post a Comment